The Covid-19 pandemic has had a massive impact on how we do business, including our purchasing methods. Online shopping and e-commerce businesses has gone through the roof. A decade ago, we felt the effects of the so called “Amazon effect”. However, we have now exceeded all predictions about e-commerce diffusion. A traditional logistic center is a fantastically complex structure, designed to accept items in an inbound area, splitting and recombining them according to order fulfillment requirements, and finally preparing the outbound product stream for shipment. What we can call "e-journey" begins with inbound logistics, continues with order fulfillment, sorting, outbound logistics, and ends with the outdoor logistics phase through to the last mile delivery.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Rising E-Commerce is having an increasing impact on retailers, including those businesses with established “brick & mortar” networks of stores. Supply chain management complexity has become greater and greater, and the concept of “omnichannel” is now a “must have” component of companies’ logistic strategies. Most of the well-known retail brands that already have established physical stores networks will move up to 50% of their business to online sales over the next 5 years. We can say without any doubt that barcode solutions for e-commerce underpin the management systems of all supply chain steps.
BARCODING IN E-COMMERCE
Barcoding in e-commerce is critical to the effective management of the entire process along the supply chain. Sorting and shipping systems have been using barcodes for a long time, but their adoption has increased in recent years as customers have found that they can dramatically reduce errors, increasing goods’ traceability. This means that barcode solutions for e-commerce are particularly cost-effective. Many customers use barcode scanning in areas such as receiving, put-away, replenishment, picking and packing, shipping, returns, cycle counts, and labor tracking.
BARCODE LABELING FOR E-COMMERCE
Barcode labeling in e-commerce is key for inventory management. Barcode technology provides all the data necessary for the attribution of goods to the correct recipients. Barcodes labels allow tracking of "what," "who," and "when" for all activities. A barcode can identify the order and access information such as products in the parcel, customer's name, delivery address, mode of shipping etc. So, barcode solutions for eCommerce use labels to convey all this information needed to complete the entire process correctly. With barcode scanners, data entry is fully automated, which avoids human error and allows workers to focus on more value-added activities.
DATALOGIC PRODUCTS FOR E-COMMERCE
Datalogic has a very wide range of products that can help your eCommerce business. We can divide them into three major categories: stationary industrial scanners, mobile computers, and handheld scanners.
Stationary Industrial Scanners
- Innovative platform and sensor with outstanding Field of View (FoV) and Depth of Field (DoF)
- Smart configurable lighting solutions with more color options in three power versions
- Configurable 360-degree multicolor visual feedback
- Liquid lens remote focus control for extreme flexibility in production
- High performance 9MP camera with integrated image processing system
- Image saving to external locations through the dedicated high-speed Gigabit Ethernet port
- White and red lighting options
- High performing, SW adjustable, dynamic focus.
- Ergonomic, very light weight and pocketable size to read 1D and 2D codes in any direction, and on any surface, including mobile screens
- Easy-swappable battery for a quick replacement
- Enhance productivity all over the store, running simultaneous applications smoothly
- Largest 4.3” high visibility display in its class
- Scan engine: 1D Imager, 2D Imager Standard Range, Mid-Range and near/far Extra Long-Range imager
- Handheld and pistol-grip form with 3 keyboard layouts
- Fully rugged 1.8 m drop and IP65 rating
- Choice between wireless charging or wired versions with dedicated docks
- Ultra-rugged design, IP65 and IP67
- Embedded industrial connectivity, modular
- Wireless charging reducing TCO
- Doubled radio range and OLED display
- Smart batteries and diagnostics
- Improves productivity saving on average 4 seconds per scan
- Improves accuracy: up to 33% less errors
- Improves worker ergonomics: weight savings of up to 1.5 tons per shift
- Best performance: megapixel resolution and ability to capture 1D/2D barcodes